Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Power.

Power restored, 3rd time.
Having a power trip each night since 2 days ago. That's annoying lol.
Of course, when i'm typing here it'll most probably mean that the power's back. But I hope it stays that way.


Seems that the problem wasn't from our house, but from the outside thingamajig which supplies the power into our house and where the meter is. Well, apparantly the wires there are loose. Loose Wires= sparks, sparks induce very high voltage



Which makes me wonder how come this only happened recently. How did it hold out all these years? Maybe something happened only recently.


On the other hand, the repairman came after my dad had initially tried to find the problem and fix it-He/we tried from 6-8pm. No avail. So the repairman came and checked the ELCB(Earth leakage circuit breaker, the one which cuts off your power when there is a power surge to prevent damage to electrical equipment), then checked the meter outside. Solved everything in about 10 minutes. We thanked them and paid them $60 for their services. Of course, i turned on my com and charged its battery.(Was watching Matrix reloaded on battery since i had nothing to do just now.)





At this moment, my dad came in my room. I was doing my aircon test(since i haven't turned it on for years-It smells musty, the cold air) as he told me about the serviceman. My mom remarked that it was expensive-$60 for a repair. My dad thought otherwise though. This is what he said:
"Remember, the service is only $10, but the $50 is for their experience."
Awesome. How many of us have experienced unserviced service? Repairmans who charge you a hefty sum of money without solving your problem. Or perhaps those who do a hourly charge(which i think there are not many) who take their own sweet time finding out what the problem is(or are they?). People who encountered this type of "(un)services" probably will have doubts of getting a professional to do a needed job. This blackmarks the rest of the good people, those who can really get things fixed.

Let's sidetrack.

Like said before, experience takes a lot in services. No matter what-transport, delivery, repair or whatever there is, in fact everything in life needs experience. Experience=practice. Just like our exams. My tutorial teacher(tutor?) told me that Singaporeans have a bad studying attutide. They don't do their work normally, but when the exams approaches, all the lectures that they attend are those which will provide exam tips.

Exam tips. In theory it seems and supposed to have been more of a tiny bit of help which will help you boost your marks, or get a pass. Exam tips nowadays are different. No more little bit of help, here comes the chapters that are coming out! Study them!


Hard to say and in practical, this is "insensible". I would've used a much stronger word(compelled to), but I cannot, since this is my own personal view. I am sure many out there oppose of this thinking that exam tips < exams="100%," style="FONT-SIZE: 130%; COLOR: #6666cc">expected to be able
to do things.

"What? Diploma in Electricial Engineering cannot do this simple things? What do they teach you in poly?"


Where am i getting to anyway...

So, most important point of this side( digression )tracking is that when we learn something, don't just memorise it. Understand it.
That wasn't my whole point, wasn't it? HAHA

Well, just forget this post. Just for laughs lol.

No comments: